31 January 2013

July 2009


3: Swing Dance Party with various folk including hosts Brigid & Sarah.
5: First Much Ado about Nothing rehearsal - a read-through and discussion of the script and production.
6: The next day, went to a partial costume fitting for Much, although my pants were still to come.  Then rehearsal, mostly staging.
7: More staging at Much rehearsal.
9: Definitely finished my own re-reading of Much Ado about Nothing by this date.
11-13: More Much rehearsals, including the first day inside due to rain.  Staging until the last day, when we worked through part 1 (ending after III.2).
14: Up to Chicago to audition for Theater at the Center's Noises off.  I got there pretty early, and they started early, so I got in before appointments started.  The Artistic Director asked if I lived in Chicago.  I get that question a lot.  Then back to Indy for Much rehearsal, staging scenes in our part 2.
16: Worked through part 2.
17: Back to Chicago for Victory Gardens Theatre's season auditions; I arrived about an hour and a half before the next person, so of course did not have to wait overlong (after things started, that is).  The Associate Artistic Director asked if I lived in Chicago (see?); I tactfully replied that I wasn't sure exactly what I'd be doing after Much Ado.
18: Much rehearsal, working scenes.
19: Chicago again, via Oak Brook for auditions for First Folio Theatre's indoor season - no Shakespeare in the season or the audition.  Then a brief meeting/audition with a couple folks from LimeGreen Entertainment to be considered for their 48 Hour Film Project team (backup for me, since I am already on another team).  And more rain, so rehearsed Much indoors at Butler again.
20: Finished reading The Taming of the Shrew.  At Much rehearsal we did a stumble-through of part 1, then notes and scene work.
21-23: Much rehearsal the next night was a stumble-through of part 2, again followed by notes and scene work.  Next night worked III.3 and IV.2.  And then a stumble-through of the entire show (with notes of course).
25: The Chicago 48 Hour Film Project!  I ended up having a small role in one scene of a mockumentary called Inside America.  About four hours for shooting that scene.  We were temporarily awarded Best Use of Line of Dialogue, but since the film was turned in late we were actually ineligible for that award.
26: This night's rehearsal involved talking with the director about my character (Conrade); I also sat in for the Borachio actor's session.
27-28: Run-throughs with notes.
29: First rehearsal (run-through with notes again) at our venue, White River State Park.  (We're part of the park's Family Art Series and go under a couple titles/tags: Free Shows Where the Grass Grows; also Shakespeare on the Canal.)
30: Technical rehearsal for Much.  Microphones.
31: We open Much Ado about Nothing, to a big crowd!

No comments: