26 February 2013

August 2009


1: We continue Much Ado about Nothing the next night to another big crowd!
3: Auditioned for The Flowers for About Fact Theatre's XYZ Festival, after a couple hours wait.  The company had asked for a classical monologue to be prepared as well, but ended up just having me read half a side.  At least they laughed at my interpretation of the final line.  Later that night, attended the Season Auditions for Attic Playhouse.  I performed a monologue this time, and a few lines of another to demonstrate a British accent; they asked if I was attached to my beard.
6: The Human Race Theatre Company called me back to audition for a touring show, Lazzi-Faire.  An involved audition, with interspersed readings, improvisation and other movement work that called for quite a bit of research into the Commedia characters (for me, esp. Scaramouche and Arlecchino).  That evening, headed to Illinois to audition for Apple Tree Theatre's season.  The casting person wondered how many EMC points I have and whether I had thought about a new headshot; she thought I showed improvement from the Giver audition -- so, was evidently confusing me with someone else.  Then callbacks for Affections of May at Attic Playhouse, a large number of cold-reads, mostly for the Hank role (but Brian and Quinn as well), with a lot of redirections and at least one "nice adjustment".
8: Offered the role of Hank (see above), but I couldn't accept due to the extremely low pay, which had not been mentioned previous to the callbacks.
12: Dinner with Justin, Matt and Jon before catching Star Trek at the dollar theatre with the first two.
14: Only a couple hours wait to audition for First Folio Shakespeare Festival's season - which was mostly cast beyond a few roles in Twelfth Night.  The Executive Director chuckled just before a transitional moment in my David Hare monologue - to be honest, I'm not sure what was funny at that point, although I do like that this piece tends to elicit curious reactions.
16: Watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Justin, Peter, Matthew and perhaps some more folks.
19: Another movie night, Gran Torino, with Justin, Peter, Liz, Allesha and Libby.
20: Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival invited me to attend the 10th Anniversary Season Gala, which included a buffet, cocktails and of course the production of Twelfth Night.  And then a VIP reception with the cast and crew after.  Charming!  I enjoyed the play and sitting with Maureen Gallagher; whom I hadn't seen much since we shared scenes in The Comedy of Errors in 2006.
22: Caught Public Enemies at the dollar theatre with Kyle.
26: Justin loaned me Constantine to watch, which was mostly a waste; I enjoyed the various versions of the deleted scenes more than most of the film proper.

No comments: