05 January 2013

May 2009


2: Auditioned at River Bend Film Festival for a vampire series called Dark Secrets, which involved a cold read for the main character as well as a prepared monologue; noting Quantum Leap: A Leap to Di for on my resume, the director asked if I knew Ed Ernstes (of course!).  Then over to Goshen for an audition for both a) an unnamed, supposedly soon-to-be-created summer stock theatre and b) a short film trilogy called Samuel - A Journey of Discovery.  For the latter, I did a cold read for the Messenger in part III; and for the former, two monologues (the director stopping each midway and asking for more emotion) and two songs.  I haven't heard anything since about the company.  And back to River Bend to audition for various films by Big Hat Cowboy Productions, cold reads with another actor of two roles in two shorts.
4: Short wait, thanks to an early start, for Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park's season auditions.  The artistic director wanted to know how long I had been in Chicago, didn't ask for a second monologue - and had not seen the production of Midsummer I had done in Cincy.
7: Star Trek Versus Batman was chosen by Fan Cinema Today as "A Top 5 Must-See Star Trek Fan Film".
9: Headed down to Noblesville for a table read of Shoki's Bag - read for Caper and Inquisitors 2 & 3 - with Gavin Rulon in the lead and lots of Indy folks I had acted with, or had been in projects with if not scenes, or knew by name.  Then chatted with various members of the team about editing, role-doubling, casting name actors, etc.  After lunch, hung around for a meeting of a team - a director and several writers - for the upcoming 48 Hour Film Project.
12: Longer, but not unreasonable, wait for Goodman Theatre's non-musical season auditions.  I felt like I really rocked my two monologues that day.
15: My callback at Boarshead for Death of a Salesman ended up actually being for the role of Biff, not Bernard.  Read a scene (from "Did you see the new football" to "This summer, heh?") with another actor as Willy.
16: To Rochester to audition for a feature, Goss Acres, and a web series, In the Box - the latter was to have ongoing single-day shoots (with different casts) through the year.  Did a monologue as well as a couple of cold reads.  One of the auditors requested an extra resume to consider me for a separate project, Leach.
17: Watched Seven Pounds with Justin, Pete, James & Matthew.
21: Waited most of the day for Indiana Repertory Theatre's season auditions.  I even let another auditioner cut as she had a rehearsal as an understudy for Rock and Roll at the Goodman, which cost me an additional half-hour.  This did give me time to finish reading Inherit the Wind.
23: Auditioned for several different indie film projects.  A feature, One Night (cold read of a scene as the lead); a DePaul MFA thesis feature The Waves, plus earlier project Crossing the Lake (a monologue and a chat, questions about Star Trek Versus Batman); a horror short Haunted (monologue and questions about my experience, comfort level with various things, etc.); and an untitled short/music video (monologue and talked about the plot).
24: Watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian with Pete, Sarah, Joe, Collin & Matthew.
27: Rehearsal of Haunted (read/discussed the script, rehearsed look/actions, discussed wardrobe)
28: I was the first in line for Timeline Theatre Company's season generals, so I didn't have to wait terribly long - a couple hours.  Spent some of that chatting with Andrew Redlawsk, and some finishing The Drawer Boy.  Then went to do my monologue and remind the artistic director that he had called me in previously to audition for The History Boys (after getting my name from another theatre; I had been on tour with NTC at the time of the audition and into the rehearsal period).
29: The next day, again saw Andrew, and Cristina Panfilio, while hoping to be seen at Actors Theatre of Louisville's Season auditions, and finishing reading Boom.  But I had to leave for a callback in Indy for several of Cardinal Stage Company's productions - Inherit the Wind, Boom & Drawer Boy.  I was being considered especially for Jules and Bertram Cates, read 1 side for Jules, 2 for Miles, 2 for Cates - the second repeated with a couple redirections.  While I was in town, stopped by an open call for a short called Sunday Morning, where I cold read a sides 3 times with various imprecise redirections.
30: Attended the season auditions for Meadow Brook Theatre; while waiting, saw Paul Riopelle, who suggested a Claudio-in-jail monologue from Measure for Measure would be a good audition piece for me.  After a couple monologues, the artistic administrator checked whether I had any conflicts and the managing director wondered whether I had a place to stay in the area.
31: A twelve-hour shoot day for Haunted, with the three person crew (including the director) and one other actor.

No comments: