13 November 2012

December 2008


3: Had another voiceover & ADR session for Prologue.  That evening watched The Dark Knight at the dollar theatre with Daniel.  Still awesome!
4: Long day.  Crashed Utah Shakespearean Festival's auditions and finally seen after a long wait.  Union members got to present contrasting monologues, but only one for non-Equity.  I finished reading Scapino (zany!) before my next audition, an appointment this time, for Remy Bumppo.  The notices said that one monologue should "show skill with language".  The director appreciated my choice for that, said Plenty was a favorite play.  And then back that night to complete the Back to the Future trilogy, with Sheila, Liz, Justin, Dan, the Sarah's & Jon.
6: I had car trouble, and was running behind all day.  Auditioned for Crossroads Repertory Theatre, and had to tell them I was unavailable for dance or acting callbacks the next day.  And then barely in time to be a blackjack dealer for a corporate charity event.  Weird gig, pushy guests, really wanted to win the meaningless chips.
7: I had submitted my materials before crashing Illinois Shakespeare Festival's Equity auditions, and subsequently received an appointment for this non-Equity date.  They taped this one.
11: Watched The Day the Earth Stood Still and ate cookies with Sarah, Daniel, Allesha, Justin, Dan & Jon.  [I think this was the classic b/w version, not the recent remake.  But eventually I saw both, so this could be either.]
15: Finished reading House of Blue Leaves.  Bells on!
17: An audition for a nearby college's radio spot at a local ad agency.
18: I attended a screening for the Intermediate Film Production class, and the professor noted and thanked those of us who were in multiple shorts (4 for me).
19: I had a voice audition for a re-dubbing of a cartoon.  They didn't say what it was, but from context it must have been Numberjacks, an English educational show.  No appointments and the producer was late.  That night watched my high school's production of Twelfth Night.  My friend Tom Noe (text coach) stepped in for someone who couldn't perform (ill?).
20: Went to Justin's family's cabin on Crooked Lake, did some tobogganing, ate lots of food and watched Home Alone with the family, Jon, Ricky and others
21: Drove down to Indianapolis to work the strike/load-out for Actors Theatre of Indiana's A Year with Frog and Toad.  They weren't paying much more than the expense, but I got them to throw in a comp for the show too.  Kyra Jeanne Kenyon, who was in The Selfish Giant with me a few years back, played a Bird and Turtle and did an excellent job.  The whole show was fun, and I met a few people during the strike that I had only known online previously.

No comments: