21 July 2008

Bare, sweating the window of lokeli.

July 18: Watched Barefoot in the Park's opening night. I really enjoyed this, much funnier than reading the play was. Justin -- who has preceded me at several theatres along my career, as well as sharing a few other tangentials -- was brilliant, great to see him shine on stage as opposed to just around the house. Sherman was also convincing and amusing - the whole cast, actually, did well.

July 19: After our longest hiatus in the schedule, we had a satisfying return to performing A Midssummer Night's Dream. Although, it was hot! Great audience, lumpy uneven ground as our stage, only the slightest hitches in our delivery. I'm really happy with this cast.

July 20: Watched Act Two of Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog - not quite as funny as the first installment. And I didn't realize that these were only free for a limited window, so I missed Act Three.

July 21: Finished reading The Overwhelming by J. T. Rogers, in anticipation/as part of decision to audition for the role of Geoffrey in a production of it at Next Theatre in Evanston. Powerful, tangled, but in some ways simple and direct.

No comments: